42 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. 43 Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles. 44 Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common, 45 and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need.
46 So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, 47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved. – Acts 2:42–47 (NKJV)
Life Groups have been established with the chief aim of making disciples in the Lord Jesus Christ. The primary focus is for the maturing of the saints through the study of God’s Word, prayer and fellowship, in an intimate and comfortable setting.
The purpose of Life Groups is to help the church body grow in their faith through building community, pursuing intentional growth, reaching the unchurched, and serving like Jesus. We passionately believe the mission of the church is to make disciples (Matthew 28).
Life Groups, by God’s grace, seek to help attendees grow in their love for Jesus, as they learn to follow Him, and in the journey towards becoming a fully devoted disciple.
The various groups draw from local pockets of the Body, and serve to compliment the broader ministry and purpose of Calvary Chapel Prescott – win, equip, release, and love
A Life Group is an expression of Biblical community. Life among the family of believers in the New Testament church is pictured in Acts 2:42-47. This Biblical community exhibited four values:
• They had a passion for Jesus
• They had a commitment to one another expressed in caring fellowship
• They had a desire to grow expressed in Biblical teaching
• They had a heart for the lost expressed in leading others to Christ
Life Groups have four goals:
1. A place to CONNECT – 1 Corinthians 9:22 to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might save some. (connect internal and external. Peter and John in the temple Acts 3:1-3.)
2. A place to OUTREACH – Acts 1:8b you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
3. A place to PROTECT – 1 John 3:16 By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
4. A place to GROW – Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.
To create an environment where people are connected to one another for:
• knowing Jesus,
• developing a heart for the lost,
• developing true community, and
• equipping believers for the work of the ministry.
If life groups are new to you, or if you have questions about how we do Life Groups here at Calvary Chapel, click here to get answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
Join A Life Group Today!
Fill out this short form to get started. Someone will contact you shortly to confirm your selection and provide you with additional information. Feel free to contact us for assistance at (928) 778-7642 at any time.
Life Group Locations
You can click on each marker for its name.